Tuesday, May 4, 2010

From a leafs fan pebirspective

This is going to be a semi serious post. Sad I know, but eventually I have to do one once in a while.

I know living in the Sarnia area and being a leafs fan is not the most popular choice but that's what happens when cheering for the blue and white is in your blood at birth. I believe my first words at birth were, there is always next year, something I have been saying for 23 years and soon to be 24. As leaf fans we've seen a lot, from missed high sticks (now let me say this, this is Kerry Frasor country,born and raised in Sarnia) to Perrot refusing to fight when his main role is to...you know...fight. We've witnessed Domi receive a huge pay check and all of a sudden think he's Mogilny, to Sundin refusing to be traded to help the team to everything in between.

My advice to Leaf fans. WHO cares.

We are leaf fans, WE are the best in the world. We are loyal, passionate and we are one huge family. Ballard fucked us. Dryden never made any sense, Draft picks being thrown around like Sean Averys sloppy seconds, players being acquired past there prime. BUT we are family. We stick together and even though we are the laughing stock of the league, we always have each other. I LOVE watching leafs games in Buffalo and Ottawa because it's a chance for us to get together and cheer for the one thing we all have in common.

Is it the smartest idea for us? No.

But who cares, this is the team that brings us together and it's the team through thick or thin we will cheer for till we die.

I wouldn't have it any other way, I know being in red wing territory isn't easy, watching the team make playoffs year after year win cup after cup get's frustrating. But there's a time where every franchise struggles.

I am a realist, I know are team is shit, yes were have corner stones with Kessel and Phanuef, but that's not enough to push us to where we should be, where we need to be.

But that's fine...I will cheer my heart out and hope for the best

and I hope everyone follows me.

Because we are LEAFS fan, and this is ARE team.

No comments:

Post a Comment